PATA Student Chapters are established around the world, consisting groups of students from PATA educational institution members. It is formed to fulfil the Association’s objectives from the youth level. Student Chapter members, also knowns as the PATAns, are often studying in the travel, tourism and hospitality field and passionate to bring change. They execute projects and develop management skills as a team.
Currently, there are 18 PATA Student Chapters around the world assisting local university to grow the travel and tourism industry.
PATA Student Chapter
PATA Malaysia Taylor’s Student Chapter:
Held to celebrate World Tourism Day 2013: Tourism and Water – protecting our common future.
PATA Philippines LPU-Manila Student Chapter:
Gathering all members for an annual general meeting
PATA assists the Student Chapters in the attainment of the following objectives through:
- Student Chapter Handbook: This handbook provides guidelines for Student Chapter leaders in the day-to-day administration of PATA Student Chapters.
- Educational programmes/study tours/ workshops: Organised by PATA Student Chapters to stay up-to-date with current marketing, management, information techniques and interested initiatives. Varying from half-day seminars to two-day workshops.
- Student Scholarships: PATA, through the PATA Foundation and PATA Chapters may raise funds to provide scholarships for qualified students to enrol in local colleges and universities offering studies in travel industry and hospitality management programs. These scholarships may apply to PATA-sponsored programs, student-industry internships, and exchange programs for students and occasionally, tourism faculty, sponsored by cooperating chapters.
- Tourism awareness: Increase the importance of the travel and tourism industry towards a sustainable economic growth among youths.
- Internship Opportunities: Internship opportunities with PATA offices or PATA members.
- Certification: PATAns will receive an e-certificate from PATA HQ upon request, to certify as a member of PATA Student Chapter.
- Beautifying résumé: Boost résumé with experiences gained from organised events and activities.
- Networking opportunities: Connect with industry players through PATA or PATA member events for job opportunities, sponsorships, speakers and partners.