Call for Submissions
The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a non-profit membership association dedicated to human capital development (HCD) across the broad spectrum of the travel and tourism industry. The primary focus of the Association’s HCD programme for 2018 is upon the development of the ‘Young Tourism Professional’ (YTP).
To highlight PATA’s commitment to HCD, the Association annually presents a special award and prize to an exceptional ‘rising star’ in the industry. All recipients of this prestigious award have exhibited initiative and leadership in the advancement of tourism as well as demonstrating a commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in line with PATA’s mission.
This award is known as the PATA Face of the Future.
ARE YOU THE FACE OF THE FUTURE?
Submissions are now open for PATA Face of the Future 2018. Winners will receive a round-trip economy air ticket and hotel accommodation to attend the Association’s Dinner and PATA Awards Presentation during the PATA Annual Summit 2018 on May 18 – 21, 2018 in Gangneung, Korea (ROK).
- Recognition as the PATA Face of the Future 2018 including the use of a corresponding brand identity logo
- Mentorship opportunity with PATA CEO
- Speaking opportunity at the PATA Annual Summit 2018 (complimentary air ticket and accommodation provided)
- Speaking opportunity at the PATA Youth Symposium during the PATA Annual Summit 2018 to share your story about your passion and journey to success
- Opportunities to speak at other PATA events or partner events on behalf of PATA
- Global media exposure via PATA’s far-reaching communication channels
- Invitation to join the PATA Executive Board as a non-voting member and observer
- Opportunity to participate in PATA Committee meetings as an ‘Observer’. Join international discussions and grow your professional network in various sectors including Aviation/Carrier, Government/Destination, Hospitality, HCD, Industry Council and Sustainability
- Build your profile as a mentor for the PATA Young Tourism Professional (YTP) Mentorship Programme to develop young tourism professional students in the region
- Complimentary registration to one PATAcademy-HCD training of your choice (June or December 2018)
- One blog post about your passion and journey to success
- Aged 18-35 as of May 21, 2018
- Working for a PATA member organisation in good-standing as of May 21, 2018
- Exhibited initiative and leadership in the implementation of local, regional and/or international tourism initiatives (including research projects)
- Demonstrated commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in a spirit compatible with PATA’s mission
- Faeez Fadhillah – PATA Face of the Future 2017 | CEO, Tripfez
- Sarah Mathews – Chairperson, PATA | Head of Destination Marketing APAC, TripAdvisor
- Dr Mario Hardy – CEO, PATA
- Parita Niemwongse – Director of Human Capital Development, PATA
- JC Wong – Young Tourism Professional Ambassador, PATA
HOW TO ENTER
- The candidate him/herself OR a third-party person may submit the nomination.
- No entry form is required. Simply submit a nomination letter, along with the nominee’s full professional contact details and bio-data with photo (JPG format, 300 dpi resolution, maximum 500KB total file size), in soft copy only (DOC or PDF file; maximum three pages).
- Submit a video (up to three minutes in length) detailing the nominee’s experiences to date and aspirations for the future of travel and tourism. Movie clips shot on smart phones or tablets are acceptable.
Please email the entry, clearly labelled ‘PATA Face of the Future 2018 Nomination’, to Parita Niemwongse at fof@PATA.org by March 9, 2018.
The results will be notified to all entrants by March 16, 2018. A public announcement will be made by March 20, 2018.
Past PATA Face of the Future
2017 Mr Faeez Fadhlillah, CEO and Co-founder of Tripfez, Malaysia
2016 Mr Danny Ho, Executive Pastry Chef, Hotel ICON, Hong Kong SAR
2015 Dr Helena Lo, Director of Pousada de Mong-Há – the Educational Hotel of Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT), Macau SAR
2014 Ms Soulinnara Ratanavong, Teacher/Trainer at the Lao National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality (Lanith), Lao PDR
2013 Mr Jame Mabey, Senior Director of Development, Marco Polo Hotels, Hong Kong SAR
2012 Mr Justin Malcolm, General Manager, Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, & Chairman of the PATA Chiang Rai Chapter, Thailand
2011 Ms Tavalea Nilon, Miss Samoa 2010, Samoa
2010 Mr Toney K Thomas, Programme Director & Senior Lecturer of the School of Tourism, Events & Recreation, Taylor’s University College, Malaysia
2009 Mr Andrew Nihopara, Marketing Manager, South Pacific Tourism Organisation, Fiji
2008 Mr Kenneth Low, Director Strategy – Asia Pacific, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Singapore
2007 Mr Tran Trong Kien, CEO, Buffalo Tours, Vietnam
2006 Mr Shikher Prasai, Managing Director, Natraj Tours & Travels, Nepal
2005 Ms Sally Hollis, Manager, Tourism Council of Western Australia, Australia
2004 Ms Silvia Sitou, Head of the Research & Planning Department, Macau Government Tourist Office, Macau SAR
2003 Mr Vivek Sharma, Sales & Marketing Manager – Eastern USA, SITA World Tours, United States
2002 Mr Mayur (Mac) Patel, Founder, eTravelConsult.com, Australia
*All stated positions are as of year obtaining their award.
For further information, please drop us an email.