About PATA Internship Programme
The PATA Internship Programme provides students with the opportunity to learn about PATA and the travel & tourism industry on an international scale. Interns are of different nationalities from various destinations and backgrounds around the world. Yet the one thing in common all PATA interns have is a love for travel and a desire to learn.
PATA interns will be required to perform operational, support, and administrative tasks in various parts of the organisation at PATA Headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand. PATA provides on the job training with senior staff members to all intern associates, benefiting both the student and employer.
The following departments of PATA are accepting interns for 2020:
- Event Management
- Sustainability & Social Responsibility
“I have met so many amazing people in the travel industry, got to learn a lot more about sustainability which inspired me to pursue another degree in sustainable tourism. PATA has opened so many doors for me and helped me to network and connect with other businesses. It is such a great opportunity for students, graduates or even entry-level employees who are looking to advance in this field.”
Datchanee Thernphrakiat, School of Hospitality
and Tourism Management, University of Surrey, United Kingdom.
PATA Intern Associate Alumni, PATA YTP Student Member
To be a PATA Intern Associate, you must have:
- Strong cross-cultural understanding and interest in working in a different culture
- The ability to think fast & learn fast
- A highly collaborative mindset
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills
- Strong professional English proficiency, as English is the working language of the PATA office.
- Resourcefulness in tackling problems
- You must be at least 20 years old, and be able to live and work in Bangkok for minimum 3 months.
- You must be a student or recently graduated (of not more than 2 years).
Conditions of the Programme
The following conditions are offered to Intern Associates:
- Location: PATA Headquarters, 28th Floor, Siam Tower, 989 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
- Duration: Three (3) months (In certain instances this may be increased)
The 3 month periods are defined as such: Jan – Mar, Apr – Jun, Jul – Sep, Oct – Dec.
- Working Hours: 9.00am – 17.30 (Full time- 5 days a week)
- Intern applications for 2020 are open till 1 Dec 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
How to apply
- Prepare to upload your 1-page resume. (Only PDF files are supported. File size limit: 16MB.)
- Prepare to upload your 1-page cover letter detailing why you want to work for PATA & how you can contribute as an Intern Associate. (*Only PDF, DOC, DOX files are supported. File size limit: 16MB.)
- Prepare the contact information of 2 references.
You will be asked for personal contact information, education, language skills, timing availability and preferred department.
Applications are open all year round but typically reviewed in October. Hence the best time to apply is in August & September. Interviews happen via video calls in November & December. Successful applicants for 2020 are notified from December 2019 till February 2020.
For more information
Contact Ms Aletheia Tan, YTP Ambassador. aletheia@PATA.org