About PATA Internship Programme
The PATA Internship Programme provides students with the opportunity to learn about PATA and the travel & tourism industry on an international scale. Interns are of different nationalities from various destinations and backgrounds around the world. Yet the one thing in common all PATA Interns have is a love for travel and a desire to learn.
PATA Interns will be required to perform operational, support, and administrative tasks in various parts of the organisation at PATA Headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand. PATA provides on the job training with senior staff members to all interns, benefiting both the student and employer.
The following departments of PATA are accepting Interns for 2020:
- Youth Department
- Sustainability & Social Responsibility
- Crisis Resource Center, Communications and Research
“I have met so many amazing people in the travel industry, got to learn a lot more about sustainability which inspired me to pursue another degree in sustainable tourism. PATA has opened so many doors for me and helped me to network and connect with other businesses. It is such a great opportunity for students, graduates or even entry-level employees who are looking to advance in this field.”
Datchanee Thernphrakiat, School of Hospitality
and Tourism Management, University of Surrey, United Kingdom.
PATA Intern Alumni, PATA YTP Student Member
To be a PATA Intern, you must have:
- Strong cross-cultural understanding and interest in working in a different culture
- The ability to think fast & learn fast
- A highly collaborative mindset
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills
- Strong professional English proficiency, as English is the working language of the PATA office.
- Resourcefulness in tackling problems
- You must be at least 20 years old, and be able to live and work in Bangkok for minimum 3 months.
- You must be a student or recently graduated (of not more than 2 years).
How to apply
- Prepare to upload your 1-page resume. (Only PDF files are supported. File size limit: 16MB.)
- Prepare to upload your 1-page cover letter detailing why you want to work for PATA & how you can contribute as an Intern. (*Only PDF, DOC, DOX files are supported. File size limit: 16MB.)
- Prepare the contact information of 2 references.
You will be asked for personal contact information, education, language skills, timing availability and preferred department.
For more information
Contact Ms Aletheia Tan, YTP Ambassador. [email protected]