PATA Face to Face: Business Events that build your business, address issues and grow the visitor economy
The Hub City Forum Series brings together key travel and tourism industry stakeholders, thought-leaders, government leaders and media representatives to examine critical issues facing the industry within the country. Public and private sector leaders have the opportunity to exchange initiatives and insights that will act as a catalyst of growth for the country’s travel and tourism industry.
The forums have been hosted in more than 12 cities around the world since the launch in Hong Kong in December 2011. These forums are developed and are co-hosted by PATA HQ and a respective PATA Chapter, with the aim to leverage off the local chapter knowledge.
The Hub City Series is designed as a lively platform for open discussion and debate and offers an unparalleled networking opportunity for anyone involved in the travel and tourism industry in the PATA chapters.
The forum is open to a variety of participants PATA members, local members, non-members and international delegates. The PATA Hub City Forums are unique opportunities for both members and non-members to maximize networking and business opportunities and understand current and future trends in the market.
• Hong Kong: Quality: A Valuable Destination, December 2011
• Bangkok: Navigating the Headwinds, January 2012
• Singapore: Quality Tourism Through Innovation, May 2012
• Beijing: Progressive Transformation Through Innovation, June 2012
• London: Preparing for Post-Olympic Challenges, July 2012
• Sydney: Cost + Congestion + Competition – The Realities of Remaining Competitive, February 2013
• Cape Town: Engaging the Visitor Economies of Asia and South Africa, June 2013
• Seoul, Korea: Building Your Business, Addressing Issues & Growing the Visitor Economy September 2013
• Yogyagarta, Indonesia: Building your Business, Addressing Issues & Growing the Visitor Economy October 2013
PATA Hub City Series 2014:
18 February: Tokyo, Japan (Roundtable Discussion)
24 February: Manila, Philippines (Roundtable Discussion)
17 March: Moscow, Russia (Roundtable Discussion)
27 March: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Roundtable Discussion)
The schedule of Hub City Forums for 2014/2015 is as follows:
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Wednesday 15th October
- Hong Kong – Thursday 30th October
Theme: “Malaysia : Opportunities and Challengers towards AEC 2015”
- Guam – Thursday 4th December
- Shanghai – Beijing – March 2015
- India (Colombo or Bangalore) – May 2015