HONG KONG, Jul 11, 2018 – Organised by the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB), the largest ever local e-sports extravaganza, the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong, will be staged from 24 to 26 August (Friday to Sunday) in Hall 3 of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). This year, the Festival will be larger in scale and will feature three international e-sports tournaments, with over 110 players from all over the world, including Hong Kong. One of the highlights of the Festival, the Experience Zone, will be scaled up to include the latest e-sports games and related products. To enrich the visitor experience, the HKTB is collaborating with the Chamber of Hong Kong Computer Industry (CHKCI) to provide a special ticket promotion to ticket holders of the Hong Kong Computer & Communications Festival and the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong e-sports tournaments.
Dr Peter Lam, Chairman of HKTB, said: “The first e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong held by the HKTB last year successfully attracted extensive local and international media coverage, generating global publicity value of over HK$150 million and the e-sports tournaments also attracted more than 7.4 million live online viewers. This provided enormous international exposure for Hong Kong and reinforced its image as the events capital of Asia. Capitalising on the worldwide enthusiasm for e-sports, the HKTB will continue to organise the Festival this year with a larger scale and richer content, aiming to entice more young visitors to come and experience the vibrant and dynamic atmosphere of Hong Kong. The HKTB will promote the Festival and other local summer activities in different source markets, especially the Mainland and short-haul markets, including Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Southeast Asia.”
The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) is title sponsoring the Festival for the second year in a row. Ms Gao Ming, Chairman and Executive Director of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Limited, said: “ICBC (Asia) is honoured to jointly organise the
ICBC (Asia) e-Sports and Music Festival Hong Kong with the HKTB for the second consecutive year. The Festival is full of youthful energy and delivers a positive message to society. This also precisely represents ICBC (Asia)’s core values of striving for innovation and excellence, as well as ‘giving back to society’. We believe that the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports and Music Festival Hong Kong this year will achieve greater success, setting off a young and dynamic wave of e-sports, thus further facilitating the development of e-sports in Hong Kong.”
Largest local e-sports tournaments
The ICBC (Asia) e-Sports and Music Festival Hong Kong will include three top international e-sports tournaments, featuring a strong player line-up and the highest prize pool in Hong Kong’s e-sports history.
- Elevated international e-sports tournaments
- Three top international e-sports tournaments will be staged: the acclaimed “Return of the Legends 2018” and the two brand new tournaments – the “ZOTAC CUP MASTERS CS:GO 2018 Grand Finals” and the “Hong Kong PUBG World Invitational”.
- In the “Return of the Legends 2018”, former winners of world championships and other legendary players will form two teams, Team East and Team West, to compete for glory.
- Organised and sponsored by renowned Hong Kong based gaming hardware manufacturer ZOTAC, the “ZOTAC CUP MASTERS CS:GO 2018 Grand Finals” will offer a total prize pool of US$300,000 (over HK$2 million), setting a new record in Hong Kong’s e-sports tournament.
- Fourteen international and two local teams will compete for the “Hong Kong PUBG World Invitational” championship, with total value of prize money reaching US$150,000 (over HK$1 million), which is the largest amount ever in local PUBG tournaments.
- Local players appear on the international e-sports stage
- Over 110 local and international players will participate in three e-sports tournaments, including renowned local player Tabe, who was on the first runner-up team in the “League of Legends World Championship”.
- Two local teams from the Hong Kong qualifier, which will be held from 19 to 22 July, will represent the city in the “Hong Kong PUBG World Invitational” to compete with 14 international teams. The two qualified Hong Kong teams will receive HK$200,000 from ICBC (Asia) as a token of encouragement.
Experience Zone showcases the latest e-sports products and the “CLP x e-Sports Academy”
In addition to adrenaline-pumping e-sports tournaments, there will be an Experience Zone, showcasing the latest e-sports-related products and featuring game displays, VR experience, mobile game trials, KOL stages, and music performances. Visitors can enjoy fascinating activities and experience game products first-hand. The e-Sports Education Partner of the event, CLP Power Hong Kong Limited sponsors to set up a “CLP x e-Sports Academy” on-site to introduce professional knowledge of the e-sports industry and to share tips of using smart home devices to enhance gaming experience.
The HKTB is also partnering with the CHKCI to provide a special ticket promotion with the Hong Kong Computer & Communications Festival. Visitors can enjoy a special ticket price to enter the two events.
Live broadcasts of the e-sports tournaments
The HKTB will collaborate with key online platforms and will live stream three e-sports tournaments in three languages (Cantonese, Mandarin and English).
Tickets for all e-sports tournaments in the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong will be available for sale at Hong Kong Ticketing from 16 July (Monday) onwards and are priced at HK$250 HK$120 and HK$50. The admission fee to the Experience Zone is HK$10. Tickets will be available at the HKCEC box office during the Festival.
Ticket holders of the Hong Kong Computer & Communication Festival 2018 will be entitled to free admission to the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong — Experience Zone on the same day; and ticket holders of the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong e-sports tournaments will be entitled to free admission to both the Experience Zone and the Hong Kong Computer & Communication Festival 2018 in Hall 1of the HKCEC on the same day.
For details about the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong, please refer to the factsheet or visit the website: www.emfhk.com.