2019 PATA Face of the Future – Call for Submissions
To highlight PATA’s commitment to HCD, the Association annually presents a special award and prize to an exceptional ‘rising star’ in the industry. All recipients of this prestigious award have exhibited initiative and leadership in the advancement of tourism as well as demonstrating commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in line with PATA’s mission.
This award is known as the PATA Face of the Future.
ARE YOU THE FACE OF THE FUTURE?
Submissions are now open for PATA Face of the Future 2019. Winners will receive a round-trip economy air ticket and hotel accommodation to attend the Association’s Dinner and PATA Awards Presentation during the PATA Annual Summit 2019 on May 9-12, 2019 in Cebu, Philippines.
- Recognition as the PATA Face of the Future 2019 including the use of a corresponding brand identity logo
- Mentorship opportunity with PATA CEO
- Speaking opportunity at the PATA Annual Summit 2019 (complimentary air ticket and accommodation provided)
- Speaking opportunity at the PATA Youth Symposium during the PATA Annual Summit 2019 to share your story about your passion and journey to success
- Opportunities to speak at other PATA events or partner events on behalf of PATA
- Global media exposure via PATA’s far-reaching communication channels
- Invitation to join the PATA Executive Board as a non-voting member and observer
- Opportunity to participate in PATA Committee meetings as an ‘Observer’. Join international discussions and grow your professional network in various sectors including Aviation/Carrier, Government/Destination, Hospitality, HCD, Industry Council and Sustainability
- Build your profile as a mentor for the PATA Young Tourism Professional (YTP) Mentorship Programme to develop young tourism professional students in the region
- Complimentary registration to one PATAcademy-HCD workshop of your choice (July 1-2 or November 25-26, 2019)
- One blog post about your passion and journey to success
- Aged 18-35 as of May 9, 2019
- Working for a PATA member organisation in good-standing as of May 9, 2019 or is undertaking post-graduate travel and tourism studies at a PATA member educational institution
- Exhibited initiative and leadership in the implementation of local, regional and/or international tourism initiatives (including research projects)
- Demonstrated commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in a spirit compatible with PATA’s mission
- Abdulla Ghiyas, PATA Face of the Future 2018 | President, Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO)
- Dr Chris Bottrill, Chairman, PATA
- Dr Mario Hardy, CEO, PATA
- Trevor Weltman, COS, PATA
- Paul Pruangkarn, Director – Communications & External Affairs, PATA
- Parita Niemwongse, Director – Human Capital Development, PATA
- JC Wong, Young Tourism Professional Ambassador, PATA
HOW TO ENTER
- The candidate him/herself OR a third-party person may submit the nomination.
- No entry form is required. Simply submit a nomination letter, along with the nominee’s full professional contact details and bio-data with photo (JPG format, 300 dpi resolution, maximum 500KB total file size), in soft copy only (DOC or PDF file; maximum three pages).
- Submit a video (up to three minutes in length) detailing the nominee’s experiences to date and aspirations for the future of travel and tourism. Movie clips shot on smart phones or tablets are acceptable.
Please email the entry, clearly labelled ‘PATA Face of the Future 2019 Nomination’, to Parita Niemwongse at fof@PATA.org by March 28, 2019.
The results will be notified to all entrants by April 5, 2019. Public announcement will be made by April 10, 2019.
Past PATA Face of the Future
2018 Abdulla Ghiyas, President of the Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO), Maldives
2017 Mr Faeez Fadhlillah, CEO and Co-founder of Tripfez, Malaysia
2016 Mr Danny Ho, Executive Pastry Chef, Hotel ICON, Hong Kong SAR
2015 Dr Helena Lo, Director of Pousada de Mong-Há – the Educational Hotel of Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT), Macau SAR
2014 Ms Soulinnara Ratanavong, Teacher/Trainer at the Lao National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality (Lanith), Lao PDR
2013 Mr Jame Mabey, Senior Director of Development, Marco Polo Hotels, Hong Kong SAR
2012 Mr Justin Malcolm, General Manager, Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, & Chairman of the PATA Chiang Rai Chapter, Thailand
2011 Ms Tavalea Nilon, Miss Samoa 2010, Samoa
2010 Mr Toney K Thomas, Programme Director & Senior Lecturer of the School of Tourism, Events & Recreation, Taylor’s University College, Malaysia
2009 Mr Andrew Nihopara, Marketing Manager, South Pacific Tourism Organisation, Fiji
2008 Mr Kenneth Low, Director Strategy – Asia Pacific, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Singapore
2007 Mr Tran Trong Kien, CEO, Buffalo Tours, Vietnam
2006 Mr Shikher Prasai, Managing Director, Natraj Tours & Travels, Nepal
2005 Ms Sally Hollis, Manager, Tourism Council of Western Australia, Australia
2004 Ms Silvia Sitou, Head of the Research & Planning Department, Macau Government Tourist Office, Macau SAR
2003 Mr Vivek Sharma, Sales & Marketing Manager – Eastern USA, SITA World Tours, United States
2002 Mr Mayur (Mac) Patel, Founder, eTravelConsult.com, Australia
*All stated positions are as of year obtaining their award.
For further information, please drop us an email.