GENEVA, March 29, 2019 – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced the members of the independent judging panel for the IATA Diversity and Inclusion Awards as:
- Angela Gittens, Director General, Airports Council International
- Gloria Guevara, President and CEO, World Travel and Tourism Council
- Mark Pilling, Vice President Publishing and Conferences, FlightGlobal
- Karen Walker, Editor-in-Chief, Air Transport World
“We are honored to have such a renowned and diverse panel of experts as judges for the IATA Diversity and Inclusion Awards. Our aim is to inspire greater diversity and inclusion across the aviation industry by recognizing role models and company initiatives that are driving critical change,” said Alexandre de Juniac, IATA’s Director General and CEO.
IATA also announced the following important changes for nominations:
- Eligibility: The Young High Flyer Award will be extended to nominations for women under the age of 40 (previously 30). This is to better accommodate the contributions made as nominees develop their careers and networks within the industry.
- Deadline: The deadline for all nominations will be extended to 6 PM Central European Time, Monday 15 April. This will ensure ample time for any new nominations as a result of the category criteria adjustments.
Sponsored by Qatar Airways, the IATA Diversity and Inclusion Awards will honor excellence demonstrated in the categories of: (1) Inspirational Role Model, (2) Young High Flyer and (3) Diversity and Inclusion Team. The first awards will be presented at the conclusion of the 75th IATA Annual General Meeting and World Air Transport Summit to be held in Seoul, South Korea (1-3 June 2019).
For more information on the Awards visit the webpage