NEW DELHI, November 15, 2017 – India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC), the public sector undertaking under the aegis of the Ministry of Tourism, posted a significant performance in half yearly results of the current financial year 2017-18. The total turnover in H1 ending September 2017 increased to Rs. 172.49 cr as compared to Rs. 170.94 cr in the corresponding H1 last year. The company registered Profit Before Tax (PBT) at Rs. 14.18 cr as compared to Rs. 9.59 cr in the corresponding H1 last year i.e. 2017-18, an increase of 48 % as compared to the last financial year.
These details were announced in the Board of Directors’ meeting of the company on 14th November, 2017 at the Group’s flagship hotel, The Ashok, New Delhi. The momentum generated in last financial year has also continued in first half of the financial year 2017-18.
Awards and Accolades:
- Marking glorious 51 years of ITDC, the Corporation celebrated magnificently with multiple offers at The Ashok and Hotel Samrat
- At the 52nd AGM ITDC declared a dividend of 13.30% amounting to Rs. 11.14 crore as recommended by the Board in the meeting held on 30th May, 2017. Out of Rs. 11.14 crore, an amount of Rs. 9.93 crore has been paid to the Government of India.
- Hotel The Ashok bagged the award for ‘Best Hotel Based Meeting Venue’ at the coveted National Tourism Awards 2017 for the second consecutive year.
- Chef Arvind Rai, Executive Chef-The Ashok has been honored with ‘Best Chef of India- 4 to 5 Star Deluxe Heritage Classic Grand Category’ award at National Tourism Awards 2017.
- ITDC was the official event management agency for Paryatan Parv, 2017- a 21 day long celebration of Indian culture, cuisine and unity organized by Ministry of Tourism.
- In addition to existing CSR activity, the Corporation has participated for Swachhta Pakhwara initiative under the aegis of Government of India with an aim to push regular cleanliness at office premises being a responsible Public Sector Undertaking.
- AIHTM, the education wing under ITDC, claimed success at Inter College Quiz held among leading Hotel Management Institutes.
- The Ashok Hotel was honored by Safari India Awards as the ‘BEST MICE HOTEL’ in the industry.
- ATT, A travel solutions unit of ITDC tied up with the “Controller General of Defense Accounts (CGDA)” to provide e-ticketing solutions.
For Further Information please contact:
Nishtha Chandel Zeeshan Ali
Adfactors PR Adfactors PR