Geneva, Switzerland, 10 March 2015 – Media accreditation is now open for the 25th World Economic Forum on Africa, which will take place in Cape Town, South Africa, from 3 to 5 June 2015, with the support of the Government of South Africa.
Convening under the theme “Then and Now: Reimagining Africa’s Future”, the meeting will mark 25 years of change in Africa. It will also provide an unrivalled occasion for senior decision-makers from industry, government, academia, civil society and the media to accelerate inclusive growth while bringing about sustainable development for the continent.
To attend this event, please complete the online registration before Friday 15 May. As the number of accreditations issued is strictly limited, we will not be able to accommodate late registrations. No accreditation will be granted on site. To facilitate the visa application process, we encourage you to register early.
This year there is an increase in global efforts to agree on a new set of universal goals aimed at sustainable development. The World Economic Forum on Africa will therefore focus on the continent’s efforts to enhance competitiveness, invest in human capital, strengthen risk resilience and harness opportunities arising from technology adoption in all sectors. Participants will help determine how to diminish vulnerability to commodity price fluctuations, capital market volatility, mounting public debt, youth unemployment, climate change and persistent development challenges.
The Co-Chairs of the meeting are:
- Antony Jenkins, Group Chief Executive, Barclays, United Kingdom
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Undersecretary General and Executive Director, United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN), New York
- Patrice Motsepe Founder and Executive Chairman, African Rainbow Minerals, South Africa
- Paul Polman, Chief Executive Officer, Unilever, United Kingdom
- Sir Michael Rake, Chairman, BT Group, United Kingdom
Maxwell Hall, Senior Media Manager, World Economic Forum, Tel.: +41 (0)79 329 3500; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org