BANGKOK, February 25, 2016 — Tourism industry organisations and individuals making outstanding contributions towards the successful promotion of the travel industry throughout the Asia Pacific region are encouraged to submit entries to the 2016 Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Awards until April 29. The Awards presentation will take place during PATA Travel Mart 2016 on September 9 in Banten Province, Jakarta, Indonesia.
Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes, Director of the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO), said, “Macao Government Tourism Office is honoured to be engaged with the PATA Gold Awards for the 21st consecutive year. I encourage individuals and organisations to join the PATA Gold Awards and take advantage of this prime opportunity for tourism industry stakeholders to come together and share your outstanding achievements. Your good examples can be powerful tools to open new perspectives and ignite change towards our common aspiration of creating a responsible and sustainable tourism industry in the Asia-Pacific region.”
Mario Hardy, CEO, PATA said, “We look forward to receiving entries from both organisations and individuals worldwide that demonstrate excellence in conception, creativity and fulfilment. For more than 20 years the PATA Gold Awards have recognised so many amazing achievements across a very broad spectrum of travel and tourism activities. These awards are only possible because of the fantastic support of the Macao Government Tourism Office and we are very grateful to the MGTO for sponsoring the PATA Gold Awards yet again in 2016.”
- Gain a major boost to an organisation’s marketing and public relations profile
- Attract valuable media coverage in various PATA communications channels including the weekly PATA Voice e-newsletter, press releases and social media channels
- Entitled to leverage the prestigious PATA Gold Awards Winner logo on their collaterals
- Highlights of the winning entries on display at the PATA Travel Mart for delegates to enjoy
- Featured in the winners’ showcase booklet and PATA Gold Awards video
- Marketing Campaign (eight Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Environment (three Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (one Gold Award)
- Heritage & Culture (two Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Education & Training (one Gold Award and one Grand Award)
- Marketing Media (ten Gold Awards)
- Travel Journalism (four Gold Awards)
Sponsored by the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO) for the past 21 years, the PATA Gold Awards sets industry standards for excellence and innovation.
PATA Gold Awards details, brochure, entry form, and information about past winners are all available at www.PATA.org/goldawards.
Founded in 1951, the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a not-for profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to, from and within the Asia Pacific region. The Association provides aligned advocacy, insightful research and innovative events to its member organisations, comprising 88 government, state and city tourism bodies, 22 international airlines, airports and cruise lines, 62 educational institutions, and hundreds of travel industry companies in Asia Pacific and beyond. Thousands of travel professionals belong to the 41 local PATA chapters worldwide. The chapters organise travel industry training and business development events. Their grassroots activism underpins PATA’s membership of the Global Travel Association Coalition (GTAC), which includes ACI, CLIA, IATA, ICAO, WEF, UNWTO and the WTTC. The PATAmPOWER platform delivers unrivalled data, forecasts and insights from the PATA Strategic Intelligence Centre to members’ desktops and mobile devices anywhere in the world. PATA’s Head Office has been in Bangkok since 1998. The Association also has official offices or representation in Beijing, Sydney and London.
Manager – Communications
+66 (02) 658-2000 | [email protected] | Bangkok, Thailand