BANGKOK, February 9, 2017 — Tourism industry organisations and individuals making outstanding contributions towards the successful promotion of the travel industry throughout the Asia Pacific region are encouraged to submit entries to the 2017 Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Awards. The deadline for submissions is April 28, 2017. The Awards presentation will take place during PATA Travel Mart 2017 on September 15 at the Venetian Macao Resort Hotel in Macao SAR.
Sponsored by the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO) for the 22nd consecutive year, the PATA Gold Awards sets industry standards for excellence and innovation.
Ms Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes, Director of MGTO, said “The Macao Government Tourism Office is honored to be engaged with the PATA Gold Awards for the 22nd consecutive year. Each year the PATA Gold Awards renews the opportunity for individuals and entities to come forward and share their successful achievements, giving participants credit and recognition, while at the same time enabling other tourism industry stakeholders to learn from the good practices presented. I encourage all interested parties to join this prestigious and far-reaching initiative, which aligns with our common goal of creating a responsible and sustainable tourism industry in the Asia-Pacific region.”
Dr, Mario Hardy, CEO, PATA said, “Once again the PATA Grand and Gold Awards provides us with the opportunity to recognise and to celebrate travel and tourism excellence. We look forward to receiving applications from organisations and individuals worldwide that demonstrate excellence in conception, creativity and fulfilment. We are sincerely grateful to MGTO for sponsoring the PATA Gold Awards yet again in 2017 and for their support of a responsible and sustainable tourism industry.”
- Gain a major boost to the organisation’s marketing and public relations profile
- Attract valuable media coverage in various PATA communications channels including the weekly PATA Voice e-newsletter, press releases and social media channels
- Entitled to leverage the prestigious PATA Gold Awards Winner logo on collateral materials
- Highlights of the winning entries on display at the PATA Travel Mart for delegates to enjoy
- Featured in the winners’ showcase booklet and PATA Gold Awards video
Judged by an international panel of experts, the Gold Awards recognise exceptional achievement in seven broad categories with 29 Gold Awards and four Grand Awards on offer:
- Marketing Campaign (eight Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Environment (three Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (one Gold Award)
- Heritage & Culture (two Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Education & Training (one Gold Award and one Grand Award)
- Marketing Media (ten Gold Awards)
- Travel Journalism (four Gold Awards)
PATA Gold Awards details, brochure, and information about past winners are all available at www.PATA.org/goldawards.
— ENDS —
Founded in 1951, the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a not-for profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to, from and within the Asia Pacific region. The Association provides aligned advocacy, insightful research and innovative events to its member organisations, comprising 101 government, state and city tourism bodies, 26 international airlines, airports and cruise lines, 70 educational institutions, and hundreds of travel industry companies in Asia Pacific and beyond. Thousands of travel professionals belong to the 40 local PATA chapters worldwide. The chapters organise travel industry training and business development events. Their grassroots activism underpins PATA’s membership of the Global Travel Association Coalition (GTAC), which includes ACI, CLIA, IATA, ICAO, WEF, UNWTO and the WTTC. The PATAmPOWER platform delivers unrivalled data, forecasts and insights from the PATA Strategic Intelligence Centre to members’ desktops and mobile devices anywhere in the world. PATA’s Head Office has been in Bangkok since 1998. The Association also has official offices or representation in Beijing, Sydney and London.