The outbound tourism from China and Russia is growing significantly, presenting both opportunities and challenges to travel brands trying to attract tourists from both gigantic source markets. Register for the workshop to gain insights into both markets, with special rate available for PATA Members!
In 2018, 44.5 million Russians travelled abroad, an increase of 6.1% compared to the previous year. Meanwhile, in 2017, an astounding 145 million overseas trips were made by Chinese residents.*
To address the demands of these two important outbound market, the upcoming PATAcademy-HCD workshop will focus on understanding both the Chinese and Russian outbound travellers, with the content on China differing from the previous workshop on China Outbound.
Join the PATAcademy-HCD on the ‘The Chinese & Russian Outbound Tourism Market’ on November 25-26, 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand at the PATA Engagement Hub, PATA HQ to gain insights into:
LEVERAGING CONSUMER INSIGHTS
- All aspects of the destination business, competitor insights and consumer behaviour indicators from a 360-degree perspective
- The importance of your organisation’s brand story and brand experience
- Why consistency and relevancy in your organisation’s brand communications is important to drive profits to the verticals within the destination
- The Chinese digital marketing landscape and social media platforms, including WeChat, Weibo, Douyin (Tik Tok)
- Chinese travellers, with a particular focus on millennials and independent travellers
- Major OTA and UGC platforms in China such as Mafengwo and Qyer
- How to engage travel bloggers and key opinion leaders (KOLs), and measure return on investment
- Russian preferences in terms of accommodation
- How much money Russian tourists spend on a trip
- How Russian tourists plan their travels
- Key players operating in the Russian market
- Advertising best practices for the Russian market
- The Russian media and digital landscape
- Marketing strategies that attract Russian travellers
The workshop will be led by:
ABOUT CUBE: CUBE offers a range of services including data analytics, profit driving strategy advisory and project management to the travel industry. CUBE assist organisations to understand the use of data to develop marketing and selling strategies, specialising in taking 360 degrees view of all business metrics and performance measures to gain insights to guide business strategy.
ABOUT STARGAZER: Stargazer is a destination marketing company in China, which specialises in offering marketing and sales services to destinations, attractions and hotels. Stargazer has not only rich resources of medias, KOLs and celebrities, but also strong connections with travel agencies, corporates and airlines.
ABOUT RMAA GROUP:RMAA Travel is a travel marketing agency with a mission to make it easy for global travel and tourism brands to access the Russian outbound travel market. The agency helps destinations, tourism boards, airlines and hotels to reach Russian travellers.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded with a PATAcademy-HCD certificate entitled: ‘Certified Asia Pacific – Chinese & Russia Outbound Tourism Markets’.
Check out the video of our previous PATAcademy