Travel and tourism is a trillion-dollar industry. Specifically, in the tourism sector, sustainability initiatives save money and enhance brand reputation, employee motivation, and goodwill with travellers. Its vast social and environmental footprint also provides an enormous opportunity to leverage positive, global-scale change.
As environmental concerns and the popularity of eco-friendly practices continue to increase, many hotels – from the budget-friendly to the luxurious – are taking steps to make their practices and businesses more sustainable. Hotel owners, managers, and consultants are continually expanding their own knowledge of sustainability, particularly as it relates to practices that provide the foundation towards building an eco-friendly or “green” resort.
The PATAcademy-HCD December workshop, with the theme ‘Going Green: How to Run A Sustainable Resort,’ is a 2.5-day training session focussing on the tools, resources, and business practices to accelerate the adoption of eco-friendly policies and practices among hotel operators.
The workshop will be led by sustainability experts from the award-winning Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa (FLGK), which has been championing sustainable practices and environmental protection for the past thirteen years. Through the workshop, FLGK will share examples of practical, easy-to-adopt ‘green’ practices that can be applied at hotels, resorts, schools, and even your own home, through an interactive training programme.
Benefits to Participants
Participants will take home practical tools and materials that will enable them to incorporate sustainable and responsible business practices in their hotel and resort, including:
- Access up to 300 green practices that can help save your operating cost as well as the environment
- Identify sustainability and responsible business challenges within your organisations and learn how to address them
- Access practical materials to implement sustainability in hotels and resorts
- Understand how to utilise sustainability assessment, planning, and reporting tools
- Take home vital first drafts of an environmental resource inventory and assessment of environmental impacts
- Take home templates to design your own sustainability plans, policies, reporting, and marketing programmes for their organisations
- Receive networking opportunities with other industry professionals dedicated to sustainable and responsible tourism issues
- Network with industry experts from renowned organisations
- Gain the opportunity to visit an award-winning island resort
This workshop is excellent for island operators and beach resorts, including Hotel Owners, Green Architects and Engineers, Landscape Architects, General Managers, Green Hotel Consultants, Green Building Consultants, Government Planners, Sustainable Consultants, Hospitality Schools & Lecturers, Eco-Tourism Operators, and Consultants.
Registration fee includes hotel accommodation for three-days and two-nights (check-in December 11 and check-out December 13 with additional night USD112.5/room/night for checking in December 10), training programme with materials and meals listed on official programme. Fee excludes air ticket and airport transfer.
|Chapter and SKAL Member:||USD1,300||USD2,300|
“Special Offer for Malaysia-based travel professionals”
Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa, Langkawi, Malaysia is the official hotel for this programme.
For enquiries and further information, please email HCD@PATA.org.
Airport Transfers by Frangipani Langkawi Resort and Spa
1. USD 5.00/pax/way for Airport transfer arrangement under sharing basis (Minimum 2 pax for each arrangement)
2. USD 10.00/pax/2 way (return transfer) for Airport transfer arrangement under sharing basis (Minimum 2 pax for each arrangement)
3. USD 25.00/car/ way for Airport transfer arrangement under private basis (Minimum 1 pax, Maximum 3 pax for each private car arrangement)
4. USD 50.00/car/2 way (return transfer) for Airport transfer arrangement under private basis (Minimum 1 pax, Maximum 3 pax for each private car arrangement)
5. For each transfer arrangement request, please provide a minimum of 120hrs for booking arrangement with full flight detail (passenger name, carrier name, Flight no, ETA & ETD)
Anthony Kim Hooi Wong (PMP)
Group Managing Director
Frangipani Hotels & Resorts