Picture: Top Row L/R: James Mabey, Senior Director of Development, Marco Polo Hotels, Hong Kong SAR; Soulinnara Ratanavong, Teacher/Trainer at the Lao National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality (Lanith) Lao PDR; Silvia Sitou, Head of the Research & Planning Department, Macau Government Tourist Office, Macau SAR; and Justin Malcolm, General Manager, Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, & Chairman of the PATA Chiang Rai Chapter, Thailand. Bottom Row L/R: Toney K Thomas, Programme Director & Senior Lecturer of the School of Tourism, Events & Recreation, Taylor’s University College, Malaysia; Mayur (Mac) Patel, Founder, eTravelConsult.com, Australia; Shikher Prasai, Managing Director, Natraj Tours & Travels, Nepal; and Tavalea Nilon, Miss Samoa 2010, Samoa. (Note: Job title as of year receiving the award)
BANGKOK, January 28, 2015 — The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Face of the Future award is now open for submissions. The winner will be invited to join the PATA Executive Board as a non-voting member and observer for a one year term at the invitation of the PATA Chairman.
The recipient of the PATA Face of the Future 2015 award will also receive global media exposure via PATA’s communication channels and, courtesy of IMEX, complimentary round-trip economy flight to Frankfurt, up to three (3) nights accommodation in a centrally located hotel and a ticket to IMEX, May 19-21, 2015 including the IMEX Gala Dinner. The 2015 PATA Face of the Future Award will be presented at the PATA Awards Presentation during the PATA Annual Summit 2015 on April 24, 2015 at Hong Zhu Shan Hotel, Leshan, China. The deadline for submissions is March 2, 2015.
Mr Mario Hardy, CEO, PATA, said, “For the first time, this year the PATA Face of the Future recipient will be invited to join the PATA Executive Board for a one year term as a non-voting member and observer at the invitation of the PATA Chairman, with the next PATA Executive Board Meeting being held in Leshan, China in April. This is a great opportunity to meet a number of senior executives from various PATA destinations.”
Ms Soulinnara Ratanavong, Teacher/Trainer at the Lao National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality (Lanith) Lao PDR, on winning the 2014 PATA Face of the Future award said, “The PATA Face of the Future means recognition, international experiences, a defined career path, a greater perspective of tourism, and more engagement with the tourism industry. The award helped me advance my career to another level, as well as promote the Lao Tourism Industry.”
Mr Hardy added, “PATA builds people. If you are young travel professional who has exhibited initiative, leadership and demonstrated a commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry, it is an opportune time for you to build a career path and networking opportunities through the PATA Face of the Future programme.”
An individual is eligible to enter the 2015 PATA ‘Face of the Future’ Award if he or she is:
- Aged 35 and below, as of March 2, 2015.
- Working for a PATA member organisation (in good-standing as of March 2, 2015).
- Undertaking post-graduate travel and tourism studies at a PATA member educational institution.
The judges will seek to identify an individual who has best:
- Exhibited initiative and leadership in the implementation of local, regional and/or international tourism initiatives (including research projects).
- Demonstrated commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in a spirit compatible with PATA’s mission.
The finalists will be judged by former PATA Face of the Future Winners, external judges, and PATA management.
HOW TO ENTER
- The candidate him/herself OR a third-party person can make the nomination.
- No entry form is required. Simply submit a nomination letter, along with the nominee’s full professional contact details and bio-data with photo (JPG format, 300 dpi resolution, maximum 500KB total file size), in soft copy only (DOC or PDF file; maximum three pages).
- Submit a video (up to three minutes in length) detailing the nominee’s experiences to date and aspirations for the future of the travel and tourism industry.
- Please email the entry, clearly labelled “PATA Face of the Future 2015 Nomination,” to Parita Niemwongse at fof@PATA.org by March 2, 2015.
- Invitation by PATA Chairman to join the PATA Executive Board as a non-voting member and observer for a one year term.
- Global media exposure via PATA’s communication channels.
- Complimentary round-trip economy flight to Frankfurt.
- Up to three (3) nights accommodation in a centrally located hotel.
- Ticket to IMEX, May 19-21, 2015.
- One (1) ticket to the IMEX Gala Dinner.
All entrants will be notified by March 10, 2015. For further information, please visit https://www.pata.org/face-of-the-future.
Founded in 1951, the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a not-for profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to, from and within the Asia Pacific region. The Association provides aligned advocacy, insightful research and innovative events to its member organisations, comprising 90 government, state and city tourism bodies, nearly 30 international airlines, airports and cruise lines, 57 educational institutions, and hundreds of travel industry companies in Asia Pacific and beyond. Thousands of travel professionals belong to the 43 local PATA chapters worldwide. The chapters organise travel industry training and business development events. Their grassroots activism underpins PATA’s membership of the Global Travel Association Coalition (GTAC), which includes ACI, CLIA, IATA, ICAO, WEF, UNWTO and the WTTC. The PATAmPOWER platform delivers unrivalled data, forecasts and insights from the PATA Strategic Intelligence Centre to members’ desktops and mobile devices anywhere in the world. PATA’s Head Office has been in Bangkok since 1998. The Association also has official offices or representation in Beijing, Sydney, Dubai, London and New York. Visit www.PATA.org.