25 ADARSH SMARAK MONUMENTS PROTECTED BY ASI IDENTIFIED FOR INCLUSION IN THE APP INITIALLY – DR. MAHESH SHARMA
NEW DELHI, February 22, 2016 – “Swachh Parayatan Mobile App” was launched by Dr. Mahesh Sharma, the Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism & Culture and Minister of State for Civil Aviation at a function here today. This project is being implemented by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India through DeGS and NIC. This Mobile App is available on Google Search Engine as ‘Swachh Paryatan’ and initially it is available on Android Phones and very soon it will be available on Apple and Microsoft also. This mobile app shall be monitored by the Project Monitoring Unit of Swachh Bharat Mission in Ministry of Tourism.
Addressing on the occasion, Dr. Sharma said that since the general public and the tourists are the largest stakeholders in keeping the monuments clean, the Ministry of Tourism has decided to facilitate the general public to communicate their complaints about any unclean area/garbage piles in and around tourist destinations. He opined that till all stakeholders don’t contribute, such project will not succeed.
The Minister informed that the recently launched Tourist Infoline is getting 11,181 responses daily and is very successful. He dwelt upon many initiatives launched by his Ministry for the benefits of Tourists. He said that the Domestic Tourism has also immense opportunities like International Tourism. That is why the suggestions from public and tourists are solicited on this Mobile App.
Shri Vinod Zutshi, Secretary, M/o Tourism in his address said that year 2016 has begun with good news in Tourism sector. A Mega Tourism Summit is expected in July-August this year which will boost the Tourism Sector. He said that M/o Tourism and M/o Culture will work together to make this Mobile App a success.
To start with, 25 Adarsh Smarak Monuments protected by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) have been identified for inclusion in the app. The application would be scaled up to include more monuments. This mobile app enables the citizens and tourists to take photograph of garbage at the monument and upload the same along with their remarks. The application then sends an SMS to the ASI Nodal Officer concerned with the monument, upon receipt of which the Nodal Officer gets the garbage cleared/removed. The Nodal Officer, thereafter, sends confirmation about the redressal of the complaint through an SMS to the complainant.
|S.NO.||LIST OF 25 MONUMENTS COVERED UNDER SWACHH PARYATAN MOBILE APP|
|1.||Leh Palace, Leh, J&K||14.||Jageshwar Temples, Uttarakhand|
|2.||Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi
|15.||Sravasti, Uttar Pradesh|
|3.||Qutub Minar Complex, New Delhi||16.||Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh
|4.||Red Fort, Delhi
Murshidabad, West Bengal
|18.||Khajuraho Western Gropu Complex, Madhya Pradesh
|6.||Shore Temple, Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu||19.||Jahaz Mahal Parisar,Mandu, Madhya Pradesh
|7.||Elephanta Caves, Mumbai, Maharastra||20.||Martand Temple, Kashmir|
|8.||Taj Mahal, Agra, UP||21.||Thanjuar-Brihadeshwar Temple, Tamil Nadu|
|9.||Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan||22.||Group of Temples, Pattadakal,
|10.||Rani-ki-Vav, Gujarat||23.||Masrur Rock-cut Temple,
|11.||Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
|24.||Rang Ghar, Sibsagar, Assam|
|25.||Konark Temple, Odisha|
|13.||Daulatabad Fort, Maharashtra
How the App will work:
- On noticing the garbage pile, the citizen/tourist opens the app and then presses “Continue”.
- Two bars mentioning “Complaint” and “Remarks” appear on the screen.
- On pressing “Complaint” a query bar appears indicating “GPS is not enabled, enable now?”
- Press “Yes” if not enabled.
- The app will direct you to “Settings” on your mobile phone where you will enable the GPS tracker.
- “Details of Complaint” will then appear on screen where you shall have to enter your mobile number in the space provided.
- In case you have any feedback/remarks (optional), please enter the same in the space indicated.
- Then press “Take a picture” to take photo of the garbage pile.
- After taking the photo, press “Save” to upload photo or press “Discard” to retake the photo.
- In the next screen, the app will direct you to upload the photo for registering the complaint.
- The system will automatically send an sms to the complainant about successful registration of his/her complaint and also to the concerned Nodal Officer of ASI.
- On receipt of the complaint ASI Nodal Officer gets the garbage removed and an sms is sent to the complainant about the same.
How the App will work: Backend Interphase
GPS coordinates of each site and the mobile numbers of the concerned Nodal Officers are already integrated in the mobile app.
- On receipt of complaint sms, the Nodal Officer logs in to “swachhparyatan.gov.in” with their mobile number registered in the app and then a One Time Password (OTP) is generated by the system as an sms.
- The Nodal Officer can use the backend portal to manage the complaints.
- The Nodal Officer can see the complaint id, phone number of the person who registered the complaint and the date of complaint. The location map and photo of the garbage can also be seen at the backend.
- Once the complaint has been redressed, the Nodal Officer will close the complaint online. A sms is then sent to the registered mobile number of the complainant informing him/her about successful redressal.