Founded in 1951, the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a not-for profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to, from and within the Asia Pacific region. The Association provides aligned advocacy, insightful research and innovative events to its member organisations, comprising 95 government, state and city tourism bodies, 25 international airlines and airports, 108 hospitality organisations, 72 educational institutions, and hundreds of travel industry companies in Asia Pacific and beyond. Thousands of travel professionals belong to the 36 local PATA chapters worldwide. The chapters organise travel industry training and business development events. Their grassroots activism underpins PATA’s membership in Uniting Travel, a coalition of the world’s major Travel & Tourism organisations dedicated to ensuring that the sector speaks with one voice and acts in unison on the major issues and includes ACI, CLIA, IATA, ICAO, WEF, UNWTO and the WTTC.
Since 1951 PATA has led from the front as the leading voice and authority on travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region
- In partnership with private and public sector members, PATA enhances the sustainable growth, value and quality of travel and tourism to-from-and-within, the region.
- The Association provides leadership and counsel on an individual and collective basis to its member organisations, comprising 95 government, state and city tourism bodies, 25 international airlines and airports, 108 hospitality organisations, 72 educational institutions, and hundreds of travel industry companies in Asia Pacific and beyond.
- PATA’s Strategic Intelligence Centre (SIC) offers unrivalled data and insights including Asia Pacific inbound and outbound statistics, analyses and forecasts as well as in-depth reports on strategic tourism markets
- PATA’s events create millions of dollars of new business each year for its members
- Thousands of travel professionals belong to 36 active PATA chapters worldwide and participate in a wide range of PATA and industry events.
- The PATA Foundation contributes to the sustainable and responsible development of travel and tourism in Asia Pacific through the protection of the environment, the conservation of heritage and support for education.
On behalf of its members, PATA’s strategic direction is to:
• Build business for members
• Provide valuable insights, forecasts and analysis help members make better business decisions
• To take a lead position on travel industry issues that need to be addressed
CODE OF ETHICS
Since 1951, PATA has led from the forefront as the leading voice and authority on travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region. As the premier travel and tourism industry association in the Asia Pacific region, the Association endorses the UN Global Code of Ethics for Tourism and supports the work of the World Committee on Tourism Ethics, encouraging its members to also do the same.
PATA understands the role of tourism in promoting peace, empathy and cross-cultural understanding, and encourages all tourism stakeholders to observe these fundamental principles. Aligned with these principles, the Association supports the right of freedom of movement without prejudice and intolerance in line with the rights of each sovereign nation and the will of its people.
It is the Association’s position to ensure there is equal opportunity for all travellers without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by relevant laws, legislation and regulations.
Tourism should be a force for good and PATA encourages all public and private industry stakeholders to join in embracing these principles and displaying the tolerance which protects and enhances human society as expressed through the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a membership association acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of the Asia Pacific travel and tourism industry.
In partnership with PATA’s private and public sector members, we enhance the sustainable growth, value and quality of travel and tourism to, from and within the region.