The travel and tourism industry has seen tremendous transformation in recent years, with dramatic changes in distribution and booking channels, consumer booking behaviours, guest expectations and content sharing on social media. In addition, there are more accessible destinations to choose from than ever before, presenting travellers a great range of options when looking for something specific to meet their needs and personality.
The workshop, with the theme “China and Russia Outbound Tourism Markets”, will specifically focus on two important outbound source markets: China and the Russian Federation, with the content on China differing from the previous workshops on China Outbound.
The programme will begin with an introductory session on leveraging consumer insights to create an effective destination marketing strategy, uncovering all aspects of the destination business, competitor insights and consumer behaviour indicators from a 360-degree perspective before diving into specific key feeder markets. Participants will then be provided with updated trends and practical insights on Chinese digital platforms, social media, key opinion leaders and more.
The workshop will also cover future trends, spending patterns, segmentations, purchasing behaviours and social media of the China and Russia outbound markets and how to attract them to your destination. The programme will provide participants with practical tools and best practices, in order to form an in-depth understanding of the market. As a result, participants will be able to adapt and enlarge their portfolio of tourism and hospitality services to ensure a sustainable and successful engagement with these outbound markets.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
The two-day interactive and intensive workshop will provide in-depth understanding, knowledge, practical tools and best practices that will enable participants to
- Uncover all aspects of the destination business, competitor insights and consumer behaviour indicators from a 360-degree perspective,
- Understand the importance of your organisation’s brand story and brand experience
- Learn why consistency and relevancy in your organisation’s brand communications is important to drive profits to the verticals within the destination.
- Understand the Chinese digital marketing landscape,
- Gain practical insights on Chinese social media platforms,
- Learn how to engage with Chinese travellers, with a particular focus on millennials and independent travellers, and how to leverage the power of social marketing,
- Recognise the major OTA and UGC platforms in China such as Mafengwo and Qyer,
- Understand Wechat, Weibo, Douyin (Tik Tok) and other popular social media channels and their key functionalities,
- Discover how to engage travel bloggers and key opinion leaders (KOLs), and measure return on investment.
- Understand the attractiveness of the outbound tourist market for the largest country in the world,
- Learn what Russian preferences in terms of accommodation,
- Recognise how much money Russian tourists spend on a trip,
- Examine how Russian tourists plan their travels,
- Explore which players operate in the Russian market,
- Learn advertising best practices for the Russian market,
- Understand the Russian media and digital landscape, and what travel marketer should know about it,
- Create marketing strategies to attract Russian travellers
After the successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded with a PATAcademy-HCD certificate entitled: “Certified Asia Pacific – China and Russia Outbound Tourism Market”.
This workshop is designed for stakeholders in the pubic and private sectors of travel, tourism, hospitality, and MICE including government officers, hoteliers, MICE professionals, travel professionals, academics and all who aim to engage successfully with Chinese and Russian outbound travellers.
SITE VISIT MAHANAKHON SKYWALK
Explore Mahanakhon Skywalk – Bangkok from a different angle
Participant will explore one of the best premium attractions in the heart of Bangkok, combining unique views with an unmatched guest experience. Located on the top of King Power Mahanakhon Building, the Mahanakhon SkyWalk is a must-see attraction to add to your Bangkok bucket list. Highlights include one of the world’s largest glass trays on the 78th floor, Southeast Asia’s fastest elevators and unrivaled 360 degree views of Bangkok’s breathtaking skyline.
Registration fee includes training programme with materials, lunches listed on official programme and site visit. Fee excludes air ticket and airport transfer.
PATA Members: USD699
Chapter Members: USD799
View the highlight video for the recent PATAcademy-HCD Workshop on ‘Chinese Outbound Tourism Market’:
For enquiries and further information, please email HCD@PATA.org.
CUBE, Hong Kong SAR
The Power of Consumer Insights
to Drive an effective Destination Marketing Strategy
Vera Huang Jie
Director of Sales and Marketing
Stargazer Company Limited
Chinese Digital Marketing and New Media Landscape
for Chinese Outbound Market
Chief Executive Officer
RMAA Group, Russia
Russia Outbound Tourism Market
VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel is the official accommodation partner for PATAcademy-HCD.
117/39-40 Phaya Thai Road, BTS Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
Please contact: VIE Reservation Department
Tel: +66 (0) 2309 3939 Fax: +66 (0) 2309 3838 E-mail: H6469-RE1@accor.com
Please click here for hotel booking form.
PATA Engagement Hub
Meeting Place for Engaging Content
The Association’s PATA Engagement Hub at PATA Headquarters in Bangkok. The space with extensive city views has been designed for seminars, training sessions, webinars and social gatherings. The Engagement Hub has already been used for the PATA Rapid Recovery Taskforce launch, the PATA Engagement Hub launch event, members and industry events and PATAcademy-HCD.
Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) 28th Floor, Siam Piwat Tower, 989 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan, 10330
Tel: 662 658-2000